SoundCloud has partnered with Sony for its six-month Artist Accelerator program, First on SoundCloud.
Selected artists such as wolfacejoeyy, DJ_Dave, Nitepunk, Sojabrat and sim0ne will unite as a collective voice in the program. Artists in the spotlight are supported to create new musical landscapes while highlighting their origins. First on SoundCloud offers unique opportunities for career advancement, education and creative support.
The program is designed to work directly with each individual artist to collectively create a concrete, career-defining roadmap aimed at building and deepening meaningful relationships with fans. SoundCloud’s partnership with Sony’s audio team gives artists unparalleled support and the resources to take their creative journey even further. Sony is investing in each artist as part of its upcoming audio branding campaign and will support an end-to-end workflow from creation to consumption through the implementation of Sony’s professional audio products, consumer-focused personal audio products and creative audio technologies.
“First on SoundCloud has always been about empowering emerging artists and fostering music discovery for our listeners.” says Emmy Lovell, Global Head of Music at SoundCloud. “Partnering with Sony’s audio team is a huge step in that mission. We’re excited to introduce the new class of groundbreaking talent and embark on a collective roadmap to achieve creative milestones, expand global fan bases, and have a significant impact on each artist’s unique journey.”
Artists participating in the First on SoundCloud Artist Accelerator program receive:
- Monthly individual mentoring | Working sessions between each artist and the Creator Marketing team to discuss goals and strategy.
- individual sessions with the audio team at Sony
- Cloud Statistics | Hard data and success metrics to visualize dynamics and audience development in real-time. This includes a proprietary dashboard that tracks follower growth, consumption, SoundCloud ranking, and repeat listeners.
Meet the Artists “First on SoundCloud 2023”
- wolfacejoey | a 20-year-old Staten Island native who has built a following on SoundCloud. His flair for production and his offbeat lyrics make him an exciting newcomer to the SoundCloud scene.
- DJ_Dave | A New York-based experimental electronic pop artist, DJ and producer who creates her music using code in a style called Algorave.
- nitepunk | Nitepunk emerged from the Brooklyn underground scene and has now relocated to Los Angeles. It’s an Engima with a deeply technical yet incredibly free sound.
- soy roast | Soya Brat’s roots in R&B give her a head start her peers lack. With nearly 50,000 followers on TikTok, the South Carolina native’s singing voice and presence stands out in an ever-changing landscape.
- sim0ne | Sim0ne is a Scottish DJ and producer based in London. Firmly rooted in Britain’s alternative nightlife culture, she has begun to gain global reach thanks to her Rinse FM residency and her HÖR Berlin performance, where she debuted a Lana Del Rey remix.