The ASCAP Foundation and the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts have announced the inaugural ASCAP Foundation Musical Theater Fest.
The two-week in-person series of events at The Wallis in Beverly Hills offers aspiring musical theater composers the opportunity to learn from the industry’s leaders. Week 1 (July 11-13) will feature panels exploring the future of the musical theater industry, focusing on the intersection between Hollywood and musical theatre.
The ASCAP Foundation/Universal Theatrical Group (UTG) Musical Theater Workshop returns for Week 2 (July 17-20) with acclaimed Artistic Director Stephen Schwartz. Each panel aims to answer questions aspiring musical theater composers might have about the industry, while providing valuable behind-the-scenes insight into the development of musicals. Curious about the upcoming panels available in both weeks? Check out a brief itinerary below.
Music theater festival of the ASCAP Foundation
WEEK 1 panels
- July 11 at 11 a.m | Will Hollywood’s obsession with musical theater talent continue?
- July 11 at 2 p.m | Creating a new space for musical theater with social media
- July 12 at 10 a.m | Round table for musicians
- July 12 at 1 p.m | Business As Usual: Best Practices to Get a Grip on Your Trading
- July 12 at 3:30 p.m | From Despicable Me to Schmicago!: In conversation with Cinco Paul
- July 13 at 11 a.m | Kooman & Diamond: The Life Cycle of a Song Demo
- July 13 at 2 p.m | Song Feedback Panel: Wisdom from Key Studio Executives
- July 13 at 7:30 p.m | Waving through her window: An evening with Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
WEEK 2 panels
- July 17 at 7:30 p.m | Authors: Cheeyang Ng and Eric Sorrels
- July 18 at 7:30 p.m | The Fitzgeralds of St. Paul Author: Christie Baugher
- July 19 at 7:30 p.m | Miss Hysteria Authors: Ben Zeadman and Laura Schein
- July 20 at 7:30 p.m | Call Me From the Grave Authors: Charles Romano and Harold Hodge Jr.
Would you like more information about a specific panel in this list? Visit the official announcement of the ASCAP Foundation for the upcoming two-week festival to find out more.